Brussels, 22nd December 2017 - For immediate release
Net sales of UCITS return to high level in October
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and AIF for October 2017.
The main developments in October 2017 can be summarized as follows:
• Net sales of UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 83 billion, up from EUR 56 billion in September.
• UCITS registered net sales of EUR 75 billion, up from EUR 40 billion in September.
• Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net sales of EUR 56 billion, up from EUR 53 billion in September.
- Net sales of equity funds totaled EUR 12 billion, down from EUR 16 billion in September.
- Net sales of bond funds totaled EUR 26 billion, up from EUR 21 billion in September.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds remained stable at EUR 15 billion, the same as in September.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds remained stable at EUR 15 billion, the same as in September. - Net sales of multi-asset funds remained stable at EUR 15 billion, the same as in September.
• UCITS money market funds saw a reversal in flows, increasing from net outflows of EUR 13 billion in September to net inflows of EUR 19 billion in October.
• AIF recorded net sales of EUR 8 billion, down EUR 16 billion in September.
• Total net assets of UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 15,659 billion at end October, compared to EUR 15,332 billion at end September and EUR 14,190 billion at end 2016.
• Net sales of UCITS and AIF from January to October totaled EUR 836 billion, compared to EUR 465 billion for the whole year 2016.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior director for Economics and Research at EFAMA commented: “Net sales of long-term UCITS remained high in October as low interest rates and an improved economic outlook continued to support investor confidence.”
– Ends –
*Please see the accompanying attachment
for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet (October) and the ‘Notes to editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Peter De Proft, Director General
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research
Telephone: +32 (0) 2 513 39 69
– Ends –
Notes to editors:
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA):
EFAMA is the representative association for the European investment management industry. EFAMA represents through its 28 member associations and 62 corporate members close to EUR 23 trillion in assets under management at end 2016. At end June 2017, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 14.8 trillion, with over 31,200 of these funds were UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and over 28,300 funds composed of AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). For more information about EFAMA, please visit www.efama.org
About the October Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA on a monthly basis and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF. 27 associations representing close to 99 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided data for net sales in October: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.