Brussels, 27th November 2017 - For immediate release
Net sales of equity funds supported by positive economic and geopolitical outlook in September
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and AIF for September 2017. 29 associations representing more than 99 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided us with net sales data.
The main developments in September 2017 can be summarized as follows:
• Net sales of UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 57 billion, down from EUR 94 billion in August.
• UCITS registered net sales of EUR 40 billion, down from EUR 69 billion in August.
o Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net sales of EUR 53 billion, up from EUR 44 billion in August.
- Net sales of equity funds totaled EUR 16 billion, up from EUR 5 billion in August.
- Net sales of bond funds totaled EUR 21 billion, slightly lower than EUR 24 billion in August.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds totaled EUR 15 billion, up from EUR 14 billion in August.
o UCITS money market funds registered net inflows of EUR 13 billion, compared to net inflows of EUR 25 billion registered in August.
• AIF recorded net sales of EUR 16 billion, down from EUR 25 billion recorded in August.
• Total net assets of UCITS and AIFs totaled EUR 15,332 billion at end September, compared to EUR 15,124 billion at end August and EUR 14,164 billion at end 2016.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior director for Economics and Research at EFAMA commented: ‘Net sales of equity funds rebounded strongly in September, reflecting healthy economic data and investors’ decreasing concerns about geopolitical risks.”
*Please see the accompanying attachment
for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet (September) and the ‘Notes to editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Peter De Proft, Director General
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research
Telephone: +32 (0) 2 513 39 69
– Ends –
Notes to editors:
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA):
EFAMA is the representative association for the European investment management industry. EFAMA represents through its 28 member associations and 62 corporate members close to EUR 23 trillion in assets under management at end 2016. At end June 2017, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 14.8 trillion, with over 31,200 of these funds were UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and over 28,300 funds composed of AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). For more information about EFAMA, please visit www.efama.org
About the August Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA on a monthly basis and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom