Brussels, 6th September 2017 - For immediate release
Net sales of long-term UCITS maintained their high level in June
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and AIF for June 2017. 29 associations representing more than 99 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided us with net sales data.
The main developments in June 2017 can be summarized as follows:
• Net inflows into UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 65 billion, compared to EUR 95 billion in May.
• UCITS registered net inflows of EUR 34 billion, down from EUR 62 billion in May.
o Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net sales of EUR 66 billion, compared to EUR 62 billion in May.
- Net sales of equity funds totaled EUR 9 billion, down from EUR 13 billion in May.
- Net sales of bond funds totaled EUR 36 billion, up from EUR 30 billion in May.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds totaled EUR 19 billion, up from EUR 17 billion in May.
o UCITS money market funds registered net outflows of EUR 33 billion, up from net inflows of EUR 0.2 billion in May.
• AIF recorded net sales of EUR 32 billion, slightly lower than the EUR 33 billion recorded in May.
• Total net assets of UCITS and AIFs totaled EUR 14,964 billion at end June, compared to EUR 15,067 billion at end May and EUR 14,141 billion at end 2016.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior director for Economics and Research at EFAMA commented: “Net sales of long-term UCITS were sustained at a very high level in June, allowing them to total EUR 338 billion in the first half of 2017, compared to EUR 169 billion during the whole of 2016.”
– Ends –
*Please see the accompanying attachment
for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet (June) and the ‘Notes to editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Peter De Proft, Director General
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research
Telephone: +32 (0) 2 513 39 69
Notes to editors:
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA):
EFAMA is the representative association for the European investment management industry. EFAMA represents through its 29 member associations and 62 corporate members EUR 23 trillion in assets under management of which EUR 14.1 trillion managed by 58,400 investment funds at end 2016. Just over 30,600 of these funds were UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) funds, with the remaining 27,800 funds composed of AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). For more information about EFAMA, please visit www.efama.org
About the June Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA on a monthly basis and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom