Brussels, 26th March 2018 - For immediate release
Net sales UCITS peaked in January, supported by very strong demand for equity funds
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and AIFs for January 2018.
29 associations representing 99 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided net sales data.
The main developments in January 2018 can be summarized as follows:
• Net sales of UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 142 billion, down from EUR 28 billion in December 2017.
• UCITS registered net sales of EUR 125 billion, markedly up from EUR 29 billion in December 2017.
• Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net sales of EUR 88 billion, up from EUR 49 billion in December 2017.
- Net sales of equity funds totaled EUR 48 billion, up from EUR 15 billion in December 2017.
- Net sales of bond funds totaled EUR 20 billion, up from EUR 18 billion in December 2017.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds totaled EUR 17 billion, up from EUR 16 billion in December 2017.
• UCITS money market funds saw a reversal in flows, increasing from net outflows of EUR 21 billion in December 2017 to net inflows of EUR 38 billion in January 2018.
• AIF recorded net sales of EUR 17 billion, up from sales close to zero in December 2017.
• Total net assets of UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 15,927 billion at end January 2018, compared to EUR 15,696 billion at end December 2017.
Bernard Delbecque, Director of Economics and Research commented:
“Net sales of UCITS surged to an all-time record level in January, as investors remained upbeat on equity markets through most of the month”.
– Ends –
*Please see the accompanying attachment
for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet (January) and the ‘Notes to editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
For media enquiries, please contact:
- Peter De Proft, Director General
- Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director, Economics and Research
Telephone: +32 (0) 2 513 39 69
Notes to editors:
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA):
EFAMA is the representative association for the European investment management industry. EFAMA represents through its 28 member associations and 62 corporate members. At end 2017, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 15.6 trillion, with close to 32,000 of these funds were UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and close to 28,300 funds composed of AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). For more information about EFAMA, please visit www.efama.org
About the January Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA on a monthly basis and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.