Brussels, 29th May 2018 - For immediate release
Strong uncertainty in markets boosted net sales of multi-asset funds in March
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and AIFs for March 2018.
28 associations representing 98 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided net sales data.
The main developments in March 2018 can be summarized as follows:
• Net sales of UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 47 billion, up from EUR 25 billion in February.
• UCITS registered net sales of EUR 38 billion, up from EUR 11 billion in February.
o Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net sales of EUR 42 billion, down from EUR 47 billion in February.
- Net sales of equity funds totaled EUR 14 billion, down from EUR 25 billion in February.
- Net sales of bond funds totaled EUR 3 billion, down from EUR 4 billion in February.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds totaled EUR 24 billion, up from EUR 16 billion in February.
o UCITS money market funds registered net outflows of EUR 5 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 35 billion recorded in February.
• AIF recorded net sales of EUR 9 billion, down from EUR 13 billion in February.
• Total net assets of UCITS and AIFs totaled EUR 15,606 billion at end March, compared to EUR 15,682 billion at end February.
Bernard Delbecque, Director of Economics and Research commented:
“Against the background of continuing uncertainty in financial markets, investors reduced their net sales of equity and bond funds in March to the benefit of multi-asset funds.”
*Please see the accompanying attachment
for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet (March) and the ‘Notes to editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Peter De Proft, Director General
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research
Telephone: +32 (0) 2 513 39 69
Notes to editors:
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA):
EFAMA is the representative association for the European investment management industry. EFAMA represents through its 28 member associations and 62 corporate members. At end 2017, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 15.6 trillion, with close to 32,000 of these funds were UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and close to 28,300 funds composed of AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). For more information about EFAMA, please visit www.efama.org
About the March Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA on a monthly basis and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.