Brussels, 29th January 2018 - For immediate release
UCITS equity funds net sales bolstered by investor confidence in November
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and AIF for November 2017. 27 associations representing 89 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided net sales data.
The main developments in November 2017 can be summarized as follows:
• Net sales of UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 68 billion, down from EUR 84 billion in October.
• UCITS registered net sales of EUR 59 billion, down from EUR 75 billion in October.
o Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net sales of EUR 60 billion, up from EUR 57 billion in October.
- Net sales of equity funds totaled EUR 25 billion, up from EUR 12 billion in October.
- Net sales of bond funds totaled EUR 28 billion, up from EUR 26 billion in October.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds totaled EUR 18 billion, up from EUR 16 billion in October.
o UCITS money market funds saw a reversal in flows, decreasing from net inflows of EUR 19 billion in October to net outflows of EUR 1 billion in November.
• AIF recorded net sales of EUR 9 billion, up from EUR 8 billion in October.
• Total net assets of UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 15,660 billion at end November, compared to EUR 15,661 billion at end October and EUR 14,190 billion at end 2016.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior director for Economics and Research at EFAMA commented: “Net sales of UCITS equity funds surged to a record level in November, confirming investor confidence in the global outlook.”
*Please see the accompanying attachment
for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet (November) and the ‘Notes to editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Peter De Proft, Director General
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research
Notes to editors:
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA):
EFAMA is the representative association for the European investment management industry. EFAMA represents through its 28 member associations and 62 corporate members close to EUR 23 trillion in assets under management at end 2016. At end June 2017, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 14.8 trillion, with over 31,200 of these funds were UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and over 28,300 funds composed of AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). For more information about EFAMA, please visit www.efama.org
About the November Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA on a monthly basis and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom