Brussels, 27th October 2017 - For immediate release
Net sales of UCITS and AIF close to historical peaks in August
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and AIF for August 2017. 29 associations representing more than 99 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided us with net sales data.
The main developments in August 2017 can be summarized as follows:
• Net sales of UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 94 billion, slightly lower than EUR 96 billion in July.
• UCITS registered net sales of EUR 69 billion, down from EUR 83 billion in July.
o Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net sales of EUR 44 billion, down from EUR 61 billion in July.
- Net sales of equity funds totaled EUR 5 billion, down from EUR 19 billion in July.
- Net sales of bond funds totaled EUR 24 billion, down from EUR 29 billion in July.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds totaled EUR 14 billion, up from EUR 11 billion in July.
o UCITS money market funds registered net inflows of EUR 25 billion, higher than the EUR 22 billion registered in July.
• AIF recorded net sales of EUR 25 billion, up from the EUR 13 billion recorded in July.
• Total net assets of UCITS and AIFs totaled EUR 15,118 billion at end August, compared to EUR 15,059 billion at end July and EUR 14,147 billion at end 2016.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior director for Economics and Research at EFAMA commented: ‘Net inflows into UCITS and AIFs remained close to historical peaks in August, despite a drop in net sales of equity funds against the background of rising geopolitical tensions caused by North Korea’s missile tests.’
*Please see the accompanying attachment
for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet (August) and the ‘Notes to editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Peter De Proft, Director General
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research
Telephone: +32 (0) 2 513 39 69
Notes to editors:
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA):
EFAMA is the representative association for the European investment management industry. EFAMA represents through its 28 member associations and 62 corporate members close to EUR 23 trillion in assets under management at end 2016. At end June 2017, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 14.8 trillion, with over 31,200 of these funds were UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and over 28,300 funds composed of AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). For more information about EFAMA, please visit www.efama.org
About the August Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA on a monthly basis and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom