Brussels, 29th September 2017 - For immediate release
UCITS equity funds attracted highest level of net sales since December 2015
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and AIF for July 2017. 29 associations representing more than 99 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided us with net sales data.
The main developments in July 2017 can be summarized as follows:
• Net inflows into UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 96 billion, compared to EUR 65 billion in June.
• UCITS registered net inflows of EUR 83 billion, up from EUR 34 billion in June.
o Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net sales of EUR 61 billion, compared to EUR 66 billion in June.
- Net sales of equity funds totaled EUR 19 billion, up from EUR 9 billion in June.
- Net sales of bond funds totaled EUR 29 billion, down from EUR 36 billion in June.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds totaled EUR 11 billion, down from EUR 19 billion in June.
o UCITS money market funds registered net inflows of EUR 22 billion, a reversal from net outflows of EUR 33 billion in June.
• AIF recorded net sales of EUR 13 billion, down from the EUR 32 billion recorded in June.
• Total net assets of UCITS and AIFs totaled EUR 15,059 billion at end July, compared to EUR 14,964 billion at end June and EUR 14,147 billion at end 2016.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior director for Economics and Research at EFAMA commented: “For the third consecutive month, long-term UCITS witnessed net inflows exceeding EUR 60 billion in July, with equity funds attracting a level of net sales not seen since December 2015.”
– Ends –
*Please see the accompanying attachment
for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet (July) and the ‘Notes to editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Peter De Proft, Director General
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research
Notes to editors:
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA):
EFAMA is the representative association for the European investment management industry. EFAMA represents through its 28 member associations and 62 corporate members close to EUR 23 trillion in assets under management at end 2016. At end June 2017, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 14.8 trillion, with over 31,200 of these funds were UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and over 28,300 funds composed of AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). For more information about EFAMA, please visit www.efama.org
About the July Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA on a monthly basis and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom