The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest monthly Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet, which provides data on UCITS, and AIFs sold in May 2021, at European level and by country of fund domiciliation.
Thomas Tilley, Senior Economist, commented: “Net assets of UCITS and AIFs breached the EUR 20 trillion threshold for the first time ever in May, thanks to solid net sales and the strong performance of global stock markets in recent months”
The main developments in May 2021 can be summarised as follows:
- Net sales of UCITS and AIFs totalled EUR 64 billion, down from EUR 96 billion in April 2021.
- UCITS recorded net inflows of EUR 55 billion, compared to EUR 97 billion in April 2021.
- Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded EUR 64 billion of net sales, down from EUR 89 billion in April 2021.
- Equity funds recorded net sales of EUR 29 billion, compared to 48 billion in April 2021.
- Bond funds registered net inflows of EUR 15 billion, down from EUR 20 billion in April 2021.
- Multi-asset funds recorded net inflows of EUR 17 billion, similar to EUR 17 billion in April 2021.
- UCITS money market funds recorded net outflows of EUR 8 billion, compared to net inflows of EUR 8 billion in April 2021.
- AIFs registered net inflows of EUR 8 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 1 billion in April 2021.
- The total net assets of UCITS and AIFs increased by 0.8% to EUR 20,040 billion.
– Ends –
*29 associations across Europe representing 98 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets in Europe provided EFAMA with net sales data for the month.
Please see the accompanying attachment for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry May Fact Sheet and the ‘Notes to Editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
Notes to Editors:
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
+32-2-473 562 936
About the May Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA monthly and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA)
EFAMA, the voice of the European investment management industry, represents 28 member associations, 58 corporate members and 24 Associate Members. At the end of Q1 2021, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 19.6 trillion. These assets were managed by 34,615 UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and 29,600 AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). At the end of 2020, asset managed by European asset managers as investment funds and discretionary mandates amounted to an estimated EUR 27 trillion. More information available at www.efama.org.