EFAMA has today published its latest monthly Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales data on UCITS and AIFs for October 2021, at European level and by country of fund domiciliation.
The main developments in October 2021 can be summarised as follows:
- Net sales of UCITS and AIFs totalled EUR 140 billion, up from EUR 9 billion in September 2021.
- UCITS recorded net inflows of EUR 110 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 3 billion in September 2021.
- Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) registered EUR 45 billion of net sales, compared to EUR 54 billion in September 2021.
- Equity funds recorded net sales of EUR 24 billion, up from EUR 19 billion in September 2021.
- Bond funds registered net inflows of EUR 3 billion, compared to EUR 13 billion in September 2021.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds amounted to EUR 15 billion, down from EUR 20 billion in September 2021.
- UCITS money market funds recorded net inflows of EUR 66 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 57 billion in September 2021.
- AIFs registered net inflows of EUR 30 billion, up from EUR 13 billion in September 2021.
- Total net assets of UCITS and AIFs increased by 2.6% in October to EUR 21,387 billion.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research at EFAMA, commented: “Historically high net inflows into UCITS money market funds in October against the backdrop of lower net sales of bond funds point to an increase in investor caution and potential concerns about rising inflation and bond yields.”
– Ends –
*29 associations across Europe representing 98 per cent of total UCITS and AIF assets in Europe provided EFAMA with net sales data for the month. Please see the accompanying attachment for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry October Fact Sheet and the ‘Notes to Editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
Notes to Editors:
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
+32-473 562 936
About the October Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA monthly and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA)
EFAMA is the voice of the European investment management industry, which manages over EUR 30 trillion of assets on behalf of its clients in Europe and around the world. We advocate for a regulatory environment that supports our industry’s crucial role in steering capital towards investments for a sustainable future and providing long-term value for investors. More information available at www.efama.org.