EFAMA has today published its latest monthly Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales data on UCITS, and AIFs sold in August 2021, at European level and by country of fund domiciliation.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research at EFAMA, commented: “August saw net inflows into long-term UCITS rose above EUR 60 billion for the 10th consecutive month, as investor confidence remained high and financial markets performed well. While sales slightly slowed down compared to July, total net assets continued to rise steadily to pass the EUR 21-trillion mark”.
The main developments in August 2021 can be summarised as follows:
- Net sales of UCITS and AIFs totalled EUR 53 billion, down from EUR 140 billion in July 2021.
- UCITS recorded net inflows of EUR 72 billion, compared to EUR 107 billion in July 2021
- Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded EUR 61 billion of net sales, compared to EUR 68 billion in July 2021.
- Equity funds recorded net sales of EUR 22 billion, down from 24 billion in July 2021.
- Bond funds registered net inflows of EUR 19 billion, compared to EUR 22 billion in July 2021.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds amounted to EUR 19 billion, slightly down from EUR 20 billion in July 2021.
- UCITS money market funds recorded net inflows of EUR 11 billion, compared to EUR 38 billion in June 2021.
- AIFs registered net outflows of EUR 19 billion, compared to net inflows of EUR 33 billion in July 2021.
- The total net assets of UCITS and AIFs increased by 2.7% in August to EUR 21,318 billion.
– Ends –
*29 associations across Europe representing 98 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets in Europe provided EFAMA with net sales data for the month.
Please see the accompanying attachment for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry August Fact Sheet and the ‘Notes to Editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
Notes to Editors:
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
+32-2-473 562 936
About the June Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA monthly and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.