The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest monthly Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales data of UCITS and AIFs for October 2020*.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research commented: "Net sales of UCITS equity funds, although remaining positive, fell to a very low level in October against the backdrop of increases in Covid-19 cases and new lockdown measures."
The main developments in October 2020 can be summarized as follows:
- Net sales of UCITS and AIFs totalled EUR 33 billion, up from EUR 32 billion in September 2020
- UCITS recorded net inflows of EUR 31 billion, compared to EUR 12 billion in September 2020.
- Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net inflows of EUR 22 billion, up from EUR 19 billion in September 2020.
- Equity funds recorded net inflows of EUR 4 billion, compared to EUR 17 billion in September 2020.
- Net sales of bond funds amounted to EUR 16 billion, up from EUR 6 billion in September 2020.
- Multi-asset funds recorded net inflows of EUR 2 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 2 billion in September 2020.
- UCITS money market funds recorded net inflows of EUR 9 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 7 billion in September 2020.
- AIFs recorded net inflows of EUR 2 billion, down from EUR 19 billion in September 2020.
- Total net assets of UCITS and AIFs decreased by 0.3% to EUR 17,602 billion.
-- Ends --
* 29 associations across Europe representing 98 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets in Europe provided EFAMA with net sales data for the month of September 2020.
Please see the accompanying attachment for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet (October) and the Notes to editors section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Brandon Bhatti Brandon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Andrieu email@example.com
Notes to editors:
About the October Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA monthly and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA):
EFAMA, the voice of the European investment management industry, represents 28 Member Associations, 60 Corporate Members and 24 Associate Members. At end Q3 2020, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 17.6 trillion. These assets were managed by more than 34,200 UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and almost 29,400 AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). At the end of Q2 2020, assets managed by European asset managers as investment funds and discretionary mandates amounted to an estimated EUR 24.9 trillion. More information is available at www.efama.org.
Follow EFAMA on Twitter @EFAMANews or LinkedIn @EFAMA for latest updates
Image credit: https://techdaily.ca/robinhood-canada