If you don’t already use the European Fund Classification (EFC), now is the time to find out more about the potential benefits of this industry-led initiative. What makes the EFC truly unique is that, unlike other classification structures, it is owned and managed solely by the fund industry, making it completely free from any commercial influence. It offers a fully transparent classification process that is entirely cost-free, with the results publicly available to all.
EFAMA hosted an informative webinar on 26 May 2023 to explore the fundamentals and benefits of this distinct pan-European fund classification system. We provided an overview of the EFC's background, principles and recent successes, such as the expansion of its coverage and the implementation of new categories to better reflect current fund market trends. FE fundinfo took the opportunity to explain how to get your fund classified. And industry professionals at every level of the fund value chain, including fund managers, distributors, and national associations provided their expert views and experience.
- Miranda Seath - EFAMA EFC Taskforce Chair & Director of Market Insight and Fund Sectors, The IA
- Thomas Tilley - Senior Economist, EFAMA
- Robert Botha - Head of Data Operations, FE fundinfo
- Stuart Smith - Global Fund Data Manager, Wellington
- Rory Loader - ETF Operations Specialist, LGIM
- Caroline Pohlmann - Head Content Intelligence, Credit Suisse
- Brian Castledine - Expert Product owner, Nordea bank
- Alessandro Rota - Director of Research, Assogestioni
- Xavier Colautti - FE Fundinfo
- Claus Jorgensen - FE Fundinfo