EFAMA is contributing to the 10th Global Money Week by publishing the 2nd edition of its report on investor education and organising a webinar. The webinar will launch the report and discuss the role of the financial services providers in supporting the efforts of the public sector to strengthen financial literacy. The Global Money Week is taking place from 21 until 27 March 2022 and more information is available on their website: Home (globalmoneyweek.org).
Our event will address the following questions:
- How could the private sector contribute to the success of the newly adopted EU/OECD financial competence framework?
- What is the role of financial service providers in the national strategies for financial education promoted by the OECD/INFE?
- What can be done at the national level to financial services providers to undertake initiatives to promote financial literacy and investor education?
- How can the financial sector promote financial education among students and young adults?
Who should attend the event?
Representatives from financial services providers, including European/national trade associations, and policymakers active in the area of investor education initiatives.
Bernard Delbecque, EFAMA
Presentation of the 2nd EFAMA report on financial education initiatives
Natalie Westerbarkey, Fidelity International, Vice-Chair of EFAMA’s Investor Education Platform
Panel discussion: The role of the financial sector in investor education initiatives
Moderator: Denise Voss, Chair of EFAMA’s Investor Education Platform
- Marcel Haag, Director in DG FISMA, European Commission
- Charles Banaste, Department for financial education at the Banque de France
- Chiara Monticone, Senior Policy Analyst at OECD
- Salvatore Nigro, CEO of JA Europe
- Natalie Westerbarkey, Fidelity International