Central Clearing: what it is and the impact of active accounts (buy-side experts discuss EMIR 3.0)
Central derivatives clearing is once again a hot topic with the European Commission’s EMIR 3.0 proposal under consideration. EFAMA was pleased to bring together on 14 June 2023 a number of buy-side clearing experts who explained the basics of central clearing and examined the Commission’s proposal on active accounts. Speakers included buy-side firms from across Europe, covering different client types and clearing books.
This interactive webinar was an excellent opportunity for policymakers to engage with asset management firms and the people responsible for derivatives trading and counterparty risk.
- Nafisa Yusuf, Director for Market Structure, BlackRock
- Barry Hadingham, Head of Derivatives & Counterparty Risk, Aviva Investors
- Christian Schmaus, Senior Policy & Regulatory Affairs Advisor, Allianz Global Investors
- Pierre-Antoine Masset, Counterparty Manager/Product Owner, Nordea Asset Management
- Moderated by EFAMA’s Susan Yavari
A recording of the session is available here.