EFAMA has today published its latest monthly Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales data on UCITS, and AIFs for September 2021, at European level and by country of fund domiciliation.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research at EFAMA, commented: “Money market funds recorded the largest monthly net outflows ever observed, which gives a good indication of investors’ risk sentiment and confidence in capital markets in September.”
The main developments in September 2021 can be summarised as follows:
- Net sales of UCITS and AIFs totalled EUR 9 billion, down from EUR 53 billion in August 2021.
- UCITS recorded net outflows of EUR 3 billion, compared to inflows of EUR 72 billion in August 2021
- Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded EUR 54 billion of net sales, compared to EUR 61 billion in August 2021.
- Equity funds recorded net sales of EUR 19 billion, down from 22 billion in August 2021.
- Bond funds registered net inflows of EUR 13 billion, compared to EUR 19 billion in August 2021.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds amounted to EUR 20 billion, slightly up from EUR 19 billion in August 2021.
- UCITS money market funds recorded net outflows of EUR 57 billion, compared to EUR 11 billion in inflows in August 2021.
- AIFs registered net inflows of EUR 13 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 19 billion in August 2021.
- The total net assets of UCITS and AIFs decreased by 1.2% in September to EUR 20,837 billion.
– Ends –
*29 associations across Europe representing 98 per cent of total UCITS and AIF assets in Europe provided EFAMA with net sales data for the month.
Please see the accompanying attachment for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry August Fact Sheet and the ‘Notes to Editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
Notes to Editors:
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
+32-2-473 562 936
About the September monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA monthly and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA)
EFAMA is the voice of the European investment management industry, which manages over EUR 27 trillion of assets on behalf of its clients in Europe and around the world. We advocate for a regulatory environment that supports our industry’s crucial role in steering capital towards investments for a sustainable future and providing long-term value for investors. More information available at www.efama.org.