EFAMA has today published its latest monthly Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet, which provides data on UCITS, and AIFs sold in April 2021, at European level and by country of fund domiciliation.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research commented: “Spurred by stock market gains and the successful vaccine rollout across Europe, investor demand for equity UCITS remained strong in April, leading to total net sales of EUR 211 billion since the start of 2021.”
The main developments in April 2021 can be summarised as follows:
- Net sales – Net Sales of UCITS and AIFs totalled EUR 96 billion, up from EUR 78 billion in March 2021.
- Net Inflows - UCITS recorded Net inflows of EUR 97 billion, compared to EUR 69 billion in March 2021.
- Long-term UCITS – (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded EUR 89 billion of net sales, up from EUR 71 billion in March 2021.
- Equity funds recorded net sales of EUR 48 billion, down from 56 billion in March 2021.
- Bond funds registered net inflows of EUR 20 billion, compared to EUR 0.1 billion in March 2021.
- Multi-asset funds recorded net inflows of EUR 17 billion, up from EUR 13 billion in March 2021.
- UCITS money market funds recorded net inflows of EUR 8 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 2 billion in March 2021.
- AIFs – AIFs recorded net outflows of EUR 1 billion, compared to net inflows of EUR 8 billion in March 2021.
- Total Net Assets – The Total Net Assets of UCITS and AIFs increased by 1.1% to EUR 19,873 billion.
– Ends –
*29 associations across Europe representing 98 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets in Europe provided EFAMA with net sales data for the month.
Please see the accompanying attachment for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet April and the ‘Notes to editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
Notes to editors:
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
+32-2-473 562 936
About the April Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA monthly and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA)
EFAMA, the voice of the European investment management industry, represents 28 member associations, 58 corporate members and 24 Associate Members. At the end of Q1 2021, total net assets of European investment funds reached EUR 19.6 trillion. These assets were managed by 34,615 UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) and 29,608 AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds). At the end of 2020, asset managed by European asset managers as investment funds and discretionary mandates amounted to an estimated EUR 27 trillion. More information available at www.efama.org.