The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest monthly Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales data on UCITS, and AIFs sold in July 2021, at European level and by country of fund domiciliation.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research at EFAMA, commented: “Robust net inflows into long-term UCITS continued as investor confidence was buoyed by positive macro-economic data and an accelerating vaccine roll-out in Europe.”
The main developments in July 2021 can be summarised as follows:
- Net sales of UCITS and AIFs totalled EUR 138 billion, up from EUR 75 billion in June 2021.
- UCITS recorded net inflows of EUR 107 billion, up from EUR 60 billion in June 2021.
- Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded EUR 68 billion of net sales, compared to EUR 72 billion in June 2021.
- Equity funds recorded net sales of EUR 24 billion, down from 38 billion in June 2021.
- Bond funds registered net inflows of EUR 22 billion, up from EUR 13 billion in June 2021.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds amounted to EUR 20 billion, up from EUR 17 billion in June 2021.
- UCITS money market funds recorded net inflows of EUR 38 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 12 billion in June 2021.
- AIFs registered net inflows of EUR 31 billion, up from EUR 15 billion in June 2021.
- The total net assets of UCITS and AIFs increased by 1.4% in July to EUR 20,578 billion.
– Ends –
*29 associations across Europe representing 98 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets in Europe provided EFAMA with net sales data for the month.
Please see the accompanying attachment for the EFAMA Investment Fund Industry July Fact Sheet and the ‘Notes to Editors’ section for further information on how the Fact Sheet is produced.
Notes to Editors:
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communications
+32-2-473 562 936
About the July Monthly EFAMA Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet:
The Fact Sheet is published by EFAMA monthly and presents net sales and net assets data for UCITS and AIF provided by 29 national associations. The contributing national associations are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
About the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA)
EFAMA is the voice of the European investment management industry, which manages over EUR 27 trillion of assets on behalf of its clients in Europe and around the world. We advocate for a regulatory environment that supports our industry’s crucial role in steering capital towards investments for a sustainable future and providing long-term value for investors.
More information is available elsewhere on this site.