The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has today published its latest monthly Investment Fund Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales data on UCITS and AIFs for November 2021, at European level and by country of fund domiciliation.
The main developments in November 2021 can be summarised as follows:
- Net sales of UCITS and AIFs totalled EUR 72 billion, compared to EUR 74 billion in October 2021.
- UCITS recorded net inflows of EUR 79 billion, down from EUR 109 billion in October 2021.
o Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) registered the same level of net sales as in October 2021 (EUR 44 billion).
- Equity funds recorded net sales of EUR 14 billion, down from EUR 24 billion in October 2021.
- Bond funds registered net inflows of EUR 12 billion, up from EUR 3 billion in October 2021.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds amounted to EUR 13 billion, down from EUR 15 billion in October 2021.
o UCITS money market funds recorded net inflows of EUR 35 billion, compared to EUR 66 billion in October 2021.
- AIFs registered net outflows of EUR 8 billion, compared to net outflows of EUR 36 billion in October 2021.
- Total net assets of UCITS and AIFs increased by 0.8% in November to EUR 21,489 billion.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior Director for Economics and Research at EFAMA, commented: “Net sales of UCITS equity funds fell in November to their lowest level of 2021 amidst concerns about the Covid-19 omicron variant and the monetary policy reaction to the surge of inflation.”